I’ve just been notified that I have been awarded the Sunshine Award, a food blogger award that is awarded to food bloggers by their peers. Anika, host of the SUPER AWESOME CANNOT-MISS blog, http://thefoodclubfood.com, nominated me, although I’ve been a HORRIBLE absent blogger for so long. Having a child, moving to NYC then back, freelancing, etc., has made my free time a rarity.
BUT Anika has inspired me to go back to my writing roots and write again about food, my German-American household, and those cultural quirks that never fail to amuse us.
The rules are:
Rules of the Sunshine Award
- Accept the award.
- Post the award on your blog together with the name / link to blog of the person who granted the award.
- Answer the questions below.
- Pass the award to 10 other blogs providing links to their blogs.
- Contact your 10 bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
Amanda’s answers to the Questions:
- Favorite color? – This is something I thought I’d NEVER say….PURPLE! Before I had my daughter, I thought people who loved purple were those who never grew out of high school, wore scrunchies in their hair, decorated their house with butterflies and dream-catchers, and thought white zinfandel was the most sophisticated of drinks. But after having Hannah and seeing her delight when getting to wear a purple outfit, or coloring on the sidewalk with purple chalk, or saying “lila” for every color, I’ve reconsidered. For now, at least, it is my favorite color.
- Favorite animal? – Concur with Anika: Dogs and Elephants
- Favorite number? – 4 ( I have to thank singer Feist for that. “Counting to Four” has made me have “four” on the brain.
- Favorite food? – Schweinehaxe, frosted mini-wheats, banh mi sandwiches, sole meuniere, animal crackers and perfectly ripe pears.
- Favorite drink? – I assume this is the alcohol variety. I don’t drink (lost that urge when I found out I was preggers with Hannah and never got it back. Amazing, considering me and my past, lol). My favorite drink at the moment is Diet Mountain Dew…I could lie and say it was something natural, healthy and trendy…but no.
- Facebook or Twitter? – Again, same as Anika. I couldn’t tweet to save my life. I like facebook, never quite took to twitter.
- What is your passion? – Creating. Anything.
- Giving or getting presents? – Always, ALWAYS much preferred giving. Even as a bratty 10 year old at Christmas time! I adored watching others open their presents!
- Favorite day of the week? – It’s actually Tuesday. Being a freelancer makes all the days blend together, but Tuesdays means I have the house to myself all day, totally quiet, and I can nap for hours.
- Favorite flower? – Baby’s Breath, wild rose, Indian paintbrush and cherry blossoms
Now, I could name 10, but I’d really be stretching it and I want to name the ones I REALLY follow, not just randomly pick…so this is my top 4!
What are your favorite German-American fusion food/culture sites????